Chicken Breasts with Cream Cheese Sauce
You can fiddle with the recipe to suit your taste - I sometimes alter the amounts of broth or cheese for a different consistancy or flavor intensity. For kids, just leave off the green onions - all ages enjoy this! Easy to double or triple!
2boneless, skinless chicken breasts
·salt and pepper to taste
14 oz. package cream cheese
1 1/2 cchicken broth
1green onion, chopped (or chopped parsley, to taste)
How to Make Chicken Breasts with Cream Cheese Sauce
- Mix salt and pepper to taste with flour. Cut chicken breasts into serving size pieces; dip in beaten egg, then coat well with flour mixture.
- Brown chicken breasts in oil til golden and cooked through. It will just take a few minutes; don't overcook or it will become dry. Remove from pan.
- Pour chicken broth into pan; stir, scraping up chicken drippings. Meanwhile, heat cream cheese in microwave until very soft, 15 - 20 seconds. Add to chicken broth. Stir over medium heat until cream cheese dissolves into broth - don't worry if it does not become perfectly smooth, it will still taste good!
- Add chicken back to pan, turning over to coat all sides with sauce. Heat for a few additional minutes, until all is heated through.
- Remove chicken to serving platter or individual plates, top with sauce and sprinkle with chopped green onions (or parsley). Serve with pasta or rice to soak up the tasty sauce!