CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CLING PEACHES
- bonless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- canned cling peach halves, packed in natural juice, drained, juice reserved
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- marsala wine
- 1 tsp
- dried leaf basil
- 1/4 tsp
- ground allspice
How to Make CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CLING PEACHES
- 1Rinse the chicken and pat dry. On a large plate, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture; set aside.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; spray lightly with vegetable spray. Add the chicken and cook quickly until browned on both sides. Place in a medium-size baking dish. Arrange the peach halves around the chicken; set the baking dish aside.
- 3Add enough water to the reserved peach juice to make 1 cup; pour into a small bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, wine, basil and allspice. Pour over the chicken; cover with a lid or with foil.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees. Serve chicken with peaches and juices.
- 5NOTE: Alternatives to the marsala wine are:
2 Tbs. grape juice
2 Tbs. sherry vinegar
2 Tbs. other type of wine