CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CLING PEACHES
4bonless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspsalt and pepper to taste
4canned cling peach halves, packed in natural juice, drained, juice reserved
2 Tbspbrown sugar
2 Tbspmarsala wine
1 tspdried leaf basil
1/4 tspground allspice
How to Make CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CLING PEACHES
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. On a large plate, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; spray lightly with vegetable spray. Add the chicken and cook quickly until browned on both sides. Place in a medium-size baking dish. Arrange the peach halves around the chicken; set the baking dish aside.
- Add enough water to the reserved peach juice to make 1 cup; pour into a small bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, wine, basil and allspice. Pour over the chicken; cover with a lid or with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees. Serve chicken with peaches and juices.
- NOTE: Alternatives to the marsala wine are:
2 Tbs. grape juice
2 Tbs. sherry vinegar
2 Tbs. other type of wine