CHICKEN BREASTS SMOTHERED IN TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA
- boneless skinless checken breasts halves
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil divided
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1 (14) oz
- can italian style stewed tomatoes undrained
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make CHICKEN BREASTS SMOTHERED IN TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA
- 1Preheat broiler. Pound chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thickness using flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil in ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 3Cook chicken 31/2 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Transfer to plate keep warm.
- 4Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic 3 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes bring to a simmer. return chicken to skillet, spooning tomato mixture over chicken.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat until cheese is melted.