CHICKEN BREASTS SMOTHERED IN TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA
4boneless skinless checken breasts halves
3 Tbspolive oil divided
1 cchopped onion
2 tspminced garlic
1 (14) ozcan italian style stewed tomatoes undrained
1 1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make CHICKEN BREASTS SMOTHERED IN TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA
- Preheat broiler. Pound chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thickness using flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken 31/2 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Transfer to plate keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes bring to a simmer. return chicken to skillet, spooning tomato mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat until cheese is melted.