Chicken Breasts Saltimbocca Style
Over the years I have tweaked it a little.
This is my go to cookbook for my slow cooker and had lots of recipies that I make all the time.
6 largeboneless skinless chicken breasts
12 mediumslices deli ham
12 mediumslices swiss cheese
1/4 call purpose flour
1/4 cgrated parmesean cheese
1/2 tspdried parsley
1/2 tspblack pepper
2 largeeggs, beaten
1/3 cvegetable oil
1/2 cwhite wine
10 1/2 ozcream chicken soup
1 pkgdry chicken gravy mix
·cooked rice or egg noodles
How to Make Chicken Breasts Saltimbocca Style
- Pound chicken breasts until thin and you can stuff them with the ham and cheese. I use a gallon zip lock bag for this.
- Arrange 2 slices of ham on the chicken, then 2 slices of cheese on top of the ham.
- Roll the chicken up, tucking in both ends in while rolling.
- Secure with skewers or butchers twine.
- In a shallow pan combine the flour, parmesean cheese, salt, parsley, and pepper.
- In another bowl whip the eggs, and water together.
- Roll the chicken in the egg, then roll in the flour mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat oil in fry pan and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, wine, 1/2 cup water, and gravy packet mix.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.