Chicken Breast with cranberries and ginger
1spray cooking spray
1 lbboneless skinless chicken breast (4 oz. each)
1 smallshallot, chopped
2 Tbspfresh ginger, minced
3/4 cfresh cranberries
1/4reduced sugar orange juice
1/4 tspground cinnamon
1/8 tspgrated nutmeg
1/2 cfat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
How to Make Chicken Breast with cranberries and ginger
- Coat inside of large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium -high heat for 1 to 2 minutes to pre-heat.
- Season chicken with Mrs. Dash and then place in skillet; cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until well browned and cooked through. Transfer to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Lightly spray skillet again. Add shallot and ginger & cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously; add the cranberries, orange juice, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook, stirring often until bubbling -about 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring back to boil; cook stirring occasionally until cranberries are tender and the mixture is somewhat thickened.
- Spoon over the chicken and serve.