Chicken Breast with cranberries and ginger
- spray cooking spray
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breast (4 oz. each)
- 1 small
- shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 c
- fresh cranberries
- reduced sugar orange juice
- 1-1/2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp
- grated nutmeg
- 1/2 c
- fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
How to Make Chicken Breast with cranberries and ginger
- 1Coat inside of large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium -high heat for 1 to 2 minutes to pre-heat.
- 2Season chicken with Mrs. Dash and then place in skillet; cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until well browned and cooked through. Transfer to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 3Lightly spray skillet again. Add shallot and ginger & cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously; add the cranberries, orange juice, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg; cook, stirring often until bubbling -about 1 minute.
- 4Add broth and bring back to boil; cook stirring occasionally until cranberries are tender and the mixture is somewhat thickened.
- 5Spoon over the chicken and serve.