Chicken Breast Lombardy~Robynne
Disclaimer: I have always used recipes as a guide and use my instincts and experience to alter or omit ingredients as I cook. Therefore, it has always been a challenge when sharing recipes with others. I doubt I make dishes the same way twice. So, I advise you to use my recipes the same way. Trust your experience and adjust to your personal taste~Robynne
1 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbspbutter, melted
8chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/3 call purpose flour or wondra
1/3 cbutter, melted and divided
1/2 cmarsala wine
1/3 cchicken broth
1/2 cshredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/4 cgreen onions, chopped
·***note: this recipe does not call for garlic, but i add granulated garlic to my chicken breasts before dredging in flour.
How to Make Chicken Breast Lombardy~Robynne
- COOK mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, stirring constantly, until tender. Remove from heat, and set mushrooms aside.
- CUT each chicken breast half in half lengthwise. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten 1/8 inch thickness, using meat mallet or rolling pin.
- DREDGE chicken lightly in flour. Place 5 or 6 pieces of chicken in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet; cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- PLACE chicken in a lightly greased 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish, overlapping edges. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and butter. Reserve pan drippings in skillet. Sprinkle reserved mushrooms over chicken.
- ADD wine and broth to reserved pan drippings in skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper. Pour sauce evenly over chicken.
- COMBINE cheeses and green onions; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375 F degrees for 20 minutes. Broil 6 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.