- boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- jalapeño peppers
- strips of bacon
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- grated cheddar cheese ( use low fat if you wish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- bbq sauce (find something with low sugar)
How to Make Chicken Bombs
- 1Slice chicken breasts in half WIDTH
wise (Each half will make 1 Chicken
Bomb). Place between two pieces of
wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch
thickness. *A rolling pin also does the
trick. Season each with salt and pepper.
- 2Slice jalapeños in half LENGTH wise
and remove seeds, ribs, and the end
with the stem.
- 3In a small bowl, mix your softened
cream cheese with your grated colby
- 4Fill each jalapeño half with about 1
Tbs cheese mixture. (Sometimes I use
- 5Place 1 jalapeño half at the end of
each pounded breast piece. Roll over
and together. *It doesn't always close
the way you think it should. No worries!
The bacon will pull it all together.
- 6Wrap each breast piece with 2 slices
of bacon. I do 1 at a time (obviously),
and just sort of wrap tightly and tuck the
ends of the bacon under the strips. It all
comes together in the cooking process.
I promise you do not need toothpicks
- 7Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
Cook over indirect heat for 20-25
minutes; turning every 4-5 minutes.
Baste chicken with BBQ sauce each time
you turn it. Giving it one final basting
right before it's done. Chicken is ready
when it reaches an internal temp of 165
degrees. If you don't have a meat
thermometer, pierce chicken with a
fork. If juices run clear, it's done!