★★★★★ 1 vote5
2-3cooked chicken breast-boiled and chopped.- if you have leftover chicken like a store bought rotisserie chicken (use about half of the chicken)
2 can(s)asparagus (cut)
1 can(s)cream of asparagus soup (low fat or low sodium if possible)
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup low fat or low sodium if possible)
1 large can(s)durkee onions
1 1/2 csharp cheddar cheese
1 Tbsphot sauce (more if you like spicey food)
How to Make Chicken Aspargus casserole
- When boiling the chicken (i suggest skin on and bone in)use about half and onion and rough chop, 2 celery stalks rough chop, salt pepper and a bay leaf.
when chicken is cooked and cooked de-bone and cut into cubes that are bite size. set aside.
- drain the asparagus(reserve some of the water from the can- you can use this to thin down your sauce during the next step.
- in a sauce pan add the both soups, combine milk. on a med/low heat add the cheese and the hot sauce, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and creamy with the soup. If the sauce is too thick you can utilize some of the reserved water from the asparagus. remove from heat and set aside.
- using a casserole dish start to layer the sauce, chicken, asparagus, durkee onions. be sure to top the casserole with sauce and durkee onions- back at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and golden brown.
- I suggest serving this over egg noodles, and serving it with a salad.