Chicken Arroz Caldo
- 1/2 kg
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 c
- malagkit rice(you can find it in any asian stores in your area)
- 1/2 c
- plain white rice, or jasmine rice
- 3 large
- eggs, hard boiled (sliced)
- 4 c
- chicken stock
- 3 small
- cut tofu or bean curd (slightly fried)
- stalks of scallions, cut into small bite pcs. for garnishings
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic, chopped for sauteing
- 3 Tbsp
- garlic ( toasted garlic,minced, for garnishing )
- 2 large
- pcs. chicken knorr cubes or any kind of seasoning available )
- 1 tsp
- chilli podwer or chilli paste
- salt to taste
- freshyly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce,dark or fish sauce
How to Make Chicken Arroz Caldo
- 1Wash chicken, remove the skin set aside. Do not throw the chicken skin, you can use it as garnishing. Season chicken w/ any kind of seasoning together with the chicken skin, small amount of salt & ground black pepper.
- 2Deep fry the chicken skin & tofu or bean curd. Slice tofu into 4. Set aside.
- 3In a pan, add in 1 tbsp. of oil. Saute garlic, & onion.
Add chicken. Stir fry until chicken is light brown in color. Add chicken broth & water. Let it boil. Add in the malagkit rice & plain rice.Let it boil. Stir occasionally to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom.Add in knorr chicken cubes, salt & black pepper.
Serve hot topped with scallions,chicken skin, fried tofu,sliced hard boiled egg, & toasted garlic.
***Toasted garlic, lemon or kalamansijuice, additional chopped scallions, and chilli oil or soy sauce with chilli powder may be served on the side.