Chicken Apple Cheddar Quesadilla
1 csmoked chicken, cubed or shredded
1 ctriple cheddar cheese blend
1 pinchthyme leaves, dried
1 pinchmarjoram leaves, dried
·salt and pepper
3-4 largewhole wheat tortillas, burrito size
How to Make Chicken Apple Cheddar Quesadilla
- You'll need two skillets. One ten inches, and one eight inches.
Start with the eight inch skillet. Heat it over medium heat.
- While the skillet is heating, peel, core and slice the apple.
Peel and slice the half an onion.
- Melt the butter in the hot skillet. Add the onion and apple slices. Saute until soft, stirring from time to time.
Season lightly with salt and pepper.
while the apple and onion are cooking, cube the cooked chicken, sprinkle with thyme and marjoram. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- When the apple and onion has cooked to tenderness, move the pan off the heat and put the ten inch skillet on the hot burner.
Dump the apple and onion onto a cutting board.
Quickly chop the apple and onion to small pieces.
- When the ten inch skillet is hot, spritz a little cooking spray in it. Lay your tortilla inner side down, just for 30 seconds. Flip the tortilla over and begin to fill it.
- First, sprinkle a little cheese. Then add the chicken. Sprinkle with a little thyme and marjoram. Next add the apples and onions. Top with more cheese and fold it closed. Cook for just 1-2 minutes, flipping it over once the cheese starts to melt.
- Slide the quesadilla out onto your plate and cut into quarters. Enjoy!