Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 largechicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 boxchicken broth
2 stalk(s)celery chopped
2 csliced carrotts
1/2 largeonion chopped
1/4 cbadia poultry seasoning
3 Tbspbadia roasted garlic
1/4 conion flakes, dehydrated
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup with herbs soup
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
3 Tbspmorton natures seasoning
1 cwild rice, uncooked
6 Tbspbadia complete seasoning
4 cfrozen broccoli florets
How to Make Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Place chicken breast (I used frozen ones unthawed), celery, carrots, onion, and spices in a large stock pot.
Note: Badia is the brand of seasoning I use because I like that brand best but any brand will do.
- Add about 4 cups water and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove chicken and shred. In a bowl mix the soups together and add enough of the stock from the pot to make a thick cream consistency.
- Put the shredded chicken and the soup mixture back into the pot. Taste to see if you need to add more spices.
- Add 1 cup wild rice and cook covered for 25 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Put broccoli in a strainer and run hot water over it.
Add broccoli to the soup the last 3-4 minutes as the rice cooks.
- You can stir 1/2 cup half-and-half into the soup and allow to heat for a few minutes then serve.