Chicken and White Bean Chili
I would like to stress that it's really important to not kill (overcook) the chicken, so it's definitely not one of those "cook-it-all-day" type dishes.
My favorite thing to do if I have the time, is to cook it up the day before serving because like all great soups, stews, chilis it tastes better the next day.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 colive oil
1 1/3 cchopped onion
1large green (bell) pepper, chopped
6garlic cloves, minced
2 1/4 lbskinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3 Tbspor more, chili powder
2 Tbsptomato paste
1 Tbspground cumin
1 Tbspdried, or 2 t. fresh oregano
2 can(s)( 15 or 16 oz) white beans with juice
2 can(s)(15 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
·fresh cilantro, chopped
·monterey jack cheese, grated
How to Make Chicken and White Bean Chili
- This is all prep--really! Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Saute until veggies begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until chicken is no longer pink outside (about 5 minutes).
- Mix in chili powder, tomato paste, cumin and oregano.
- Add beans with bean juices and canned tomatoes. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and chili is thickened (about 25 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with cilantro, cheese and a dollop of sour cream.