2cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thinly
2 1/2 cchicken broth
1/2 cchunky salsa (mild or medium)
1 pkgtaco seasoning
1 cmexican blend cheeses
2tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
How to Make Chicken and Rice Croissants
- Preheat oven to 375 * f
- In covered microwave safe dish, cook rice, chicken broth, salsa, and taco seasoning on High for 5 minutes. take out, stir to make sure that everything is mixed well... then return to microwave and heat another 15 minutes on half power.
- when rice is done, set rice aside and let cool a little
- Open one roll of the dough and unroll it. press out any seams so that it makes one long wide sheet of dough. Lay half the chicken down on the dough... spread about half the rice mixture on top of the chicken, then spread half the cheese on top of the rice. Carefully roll up jellyroll style , making sure to tuck in the ends (like you would a burrito) and pinch shut
- lay out second tube of dough and repeat step 4
- bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 20 minutes or till dough is nice and golden brown. Let rest for about 10 - 15 minutes before slicing.
- If used as a main dish, you can get 6-8 servings depending on how big you like your slices. Slice thinner for an appetizer -- should yield about 16 servings
- *note* if you like, you can add a cup of frozen spinach that has been thawed and drained to the rice mixture before spreading it on over the chicken