Chicken and Pasta Italiano
- 2 c
- chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 can(s)
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes w/oregano, basil, garlic, no salt added
- 2 c
- chicken stock, homemade or low sodium
- 1 tsp
- granulated garlic, and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- coarse sea salt
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, lite
- 4 oz
- mozzrella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 box
- barilla plus, farafalle pasta
How to Make Chicken and Pasta Italiano
- 1NOTE: I used chicken breasts that had been cooked overnight in the crockpot, also used the stock.
Shred chicken, sit aside.
- 2Boil pasta according to box directions. Meanwhile place diced tomatoes (I put mine in my food processor to crush them), chicken stock and parm. in medium saucepan and heat. Then add one cup of COLD water mixed with 2 TBL of cornstarch, mix well to remove all lumps, pour into sauce and whisk well. Once sauce is thickened add mozzrella and chicken, and pasta.