Chicken and Kale Risotto
I also make this for my baby- I just purée it in a blender until smooth.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kale leaves, chopped
- onion, chopped
- slices bacon, chopped
- olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- pine nuts
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- arborio rice
How to Make Chicken and Kale Risotto
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Line a baking tray with foil and put the chicken breasts and the sliced bacon on it. Drizzle the with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 3Then take the tray out and add kale, onion, and pine nuts. Put the tray back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes longer, or until the chicken is cooked.
- 4Meanwhile, bring broth to a simmer and keep warm. In a large pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the rice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until opaque, about 2-3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice and cook stirring constantly until the broth is absorbed. Continue doing this until all of the broth is gone.
- 5When the chicken is finished, chop the breasts into bite-sized chunks and add them to the finished rice. Add the rest of the ingredients from the baking tray to the rice as well and stir to combine. Serve right away.