Chicken and Dumplings, Millie's
- whole chicken or 4-6 bone-in breasts
- 4-5 qt
- 1 1/4 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 2-3 dash(es)
- tabasco sauce
- 3 c
- self rising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried parsley
- 1 1/2 c
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings, Millie's
- 1In 6-8 qt. pot add chicken, 1 tsp. dried parsley, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 3/4 tsp.salt, 1 tsp.onion powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, and enough water to cover whole chicken or 4-5 qts.water with chicken breast. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool alittle. Meanwhile, strain liquid and return to pot and cover. Remove 1/2 cup of liquid and cool in fridge.
Pull chicken off the bone. Cover and set aside.
- 3Next, bring liquid to a boil while you mix dumplings up. Take the reserved 1/2 cup of cold liquid and with a fork beat in 2 tbsp. flour. Pour into boiling liquid, stirring it in.
In med. bowl add 3 cups self rising flour, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp.onion powder, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. dried parsley, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Mix together then add 1 1/2 cups milk and stir.
- 5Drop dough into boiling liquid by the heaping teaspoons, pushing it off spoon with your finger. Try not to drop in same spot so the dumplings won't stick together. You may have to dunk a few as pot fills. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes then slide chicken in on one side of pot. Add tabasco sauce, Stir gently. Cover and turn heat off. Let sit 3-5 minutes. serve