Chicken and Dumplings
Mary Nell Forester
1 largewhole chicken
·water to cover
1 1/4 tspsalt
1/4 tsppoultry seasoning
1 largeonion diced
1 ccelery diced
1 can(s)evaporated milk
·for the dumplings mix
1 cself rising flour
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings
- In a large pot combine
- Chicken, onions and celery
- cover with enough water to completely cover
- add salt and pepper
- boil until tender remove from pot and allow to cool, remove skin and debone pulling chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Bring broth back up to a boil.
- Mix the flour oil and milk for the dumplings and drop by tsps. into the boiling broth.
- DO NOT STIR!!! when all the batter is dropped into the broth cover and allow to cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- add 1 can of evaporated milk slowly DO NOT STIR! Heat a few minutes longer...
- taste broth and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Its Ready to Eat!