Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
Will have to get another photo, as did not know they were blurred till after everyone dug in this evening:)
- chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 stick
- unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c
- self rising flour
- 1 c
- milk, 2%
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup, fat-free
- 2 c
- chicken broth ( see below)
- chicken bouillon cubes
How to Make Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken breast in pot of water and boil with a few chicken bouillon cubes (as I use this as my chicken broth). Cook until breast are done. Then once cooled, shred.
- 2Melt butter then place in glass 13 x 9 pan. Place chicken in pan. Then mix flour and milk together. Pour over chicken, DO NOT STIR OR MIX. Then strain off 2 cups of broth and mix with soup. Pour this over the flour/milk mixture. Again, DO NOT STIR OR MIX.
- 3Place in oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes. The top will be golden brown.