Chicken and Coconut Milk Adobo
Daily Inspiration S
Prep time does not include marinating time
From Feast Magazine
- 2/3 c
- coconut or rice vinegar
- 13 1/2 oz
- coconut milk
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce
- cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/4
- inch piece turmeric or ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- bay leaves
- red bird's-eye chilies, (optional)
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- steamed rice to serve
How to Make Chicken and Coconut Milk Adobo
- 1In a large non-reactive bowl, combine the vinegar, coconut milk, soy sauce, garlic, turmeric, bay leaves, chillies and pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat, then cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Transfer the chicken and marinade to a large, deep saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low-medium and cook for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook the marinade mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced. Discard the turmeric, bay leaves and chillies.
- 3Return the chicken to the pan and warm through. Transfer to a serving bowl, scatter with extra chillies, if using, and serve with steamed rice.