Chicken and Broccoli Penne
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 csun dried tomatoes
1 tspgarlic, minced
1 lbchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cubed
2 Tbspyellow onions coarsely chopped
3fresh diced roma tomatoes or 1 14.5 oz can
·salt and pepper, oregano to taste
2 cbroccoli florets
1 pkgpenne pasta
1/4 cbasil, fresh
·parmesan cheese (fresh with grater)
How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Penne
- Put 1c. sun dried tomatoes (from jar) into microwave safe bowl and heat for 40 seconds to soften oil. Pour off oil into heavy saucepan and heat.
- Add onion and garlic to oil and sautee til soft, then add chicken and cook until browned.
- Boil pasta according to directions on package and allow to cook while completeing step 4.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli and seasonings. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes (until broccoli is soft.)
- While pasta and chicken are cooking, prepare parmesean and grater, and basil leaves by rinsing, shaking and cutting into strips. Scissors work best. FRESH basil is really necessary for this dish! Dried basil will be crunchy and tastes very different.
- Drain pasta, plate and serve with fresh grated parmesean and basil on top.