Chicken and Broccoli Penne
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp
- garlic, minced
- 1 lb
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless, cubed
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow onions coarsely chopped
- fresh diced roma tomatoes or 1 14.5 oz can
- salt and pepper, oregano to taste
- 2 c
- broccoli florets
- 1 pkg
- penne pasta
- 1/4 c
- basil, fresh
- parmesan cheese (fresh with grater)
How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Penne
- 1Put 1c. sun dried tomatoes (from jar) into microwave safe bowl and heat for 40 seconds to soften oil. Pour off oil into heavy saucepan and heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic to oil and sautee til soft, then add chicken and cook until browned.
- 3Boil pasta according to directions on package and allow to cook while completeing step 4.
- 4Add tomatoes, broccoli and seasonings. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes (until broccoli is soft.)
- 5While pasta and chicken are cooking, prepare parmesean and grater, and basil leaves by rinsing, shaking and cutting into strips. Scissors work best. FRESH basil is really necessary for this dish! Dried basil will be crunchy and tastes very different.
- 6Drain pasta, plate and serve with fresh grated parmesean and basil on top.