Chicken and Asparagus with Penne Pasta
- 3 c
- uncooked penne pasta
- 2 c
- asparagus, diagonally chopped into 1.5 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 12 oz
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 tsp
- 2 can(s)
- (15 oz.) diced tomatoes, italian style with basil and garlic
- 4 oz
- crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 c
- fresh, grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken and Asparagus with Penne Pasta
- 1Fill a large pot 3/4 c. Full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain pasta thoroughly and set aside.
- 2Diagonally slice the asparagus in the same shape and size as the penne pasta. Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add garlic. Saute over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken. Sautée until chicken is browned but not completely cooked.
- 4Add cornstarch to tomatoes and pour into the pan with chicken and garlic. Simmer 10 minutes or so, while pasta finishes cooking.
- 5To serve, toss pasta and asparagus. Divide between 4 plates. Spoon chicken & sauce over the pasta and asparagus. Sprinkle each serving with a bit of feta and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.