Chicken and Asparagus with Penne Pasta
3 cuncooked penne pasta
2 casparagus, diagonally chopped into 1.5 inch pieces
2 Tbspolive oil
12 ozboneless, skinless chicken breast
4 clovegarlic, minced
2 can(s)(15 oz.) diced tomatoes, italian style with basil and garlic
4 ozcrumbled feta cheese
1/3 cfresh, grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken and Asparagus with Penne Pasta
- Fill a large pot 3/4 c. Full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain pasta thoroughly and set aside.
- Diagonally slice the asparagus in the same shape and size as the penne pasta. Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a hot pan. Add garlic. Saute over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken. Sautée until chicken is browned but not completely cooked.
- Add cornstarch to tomatoes and pour into the pan with chicken and garlic. Simmer 10 minutes or so, while pasta finishes cooking.
- To serve, toss pasta and asparagus. Divide between 4 plates. Spoon chicken & sauce over the pasta and asparagus. Sprinkle each serving with a bit of feta and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.