Cheesy Salsa Chicken Bake
For a main dish at home, pair it with a dish of Spanish rice or pinto beans and a salad, and you have a quick, satisfying meal for a big family. For a smaller family, use four boneless, skinless chicken breasts in an 8x8 baking dish and cut down on the rest of the ingredients. The baking time is a little longer for the bigger pieces of chicken, maybe 25-30 minutes.
- 1 ½-2 lb
- fresh or thawed boneless, skinless chicken tenders, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 24-oz. jar(s)
- very chunky salsa, as spicy (or mild) as you like (this is actually a little skimpy, 30 oz. would cover the chicken better.)
- 1-2 c
- shredded mexican blend cheese (or use plain cheddar or your preference )
- 1 c
- chopped green onions, including tops
- ½-1 c
- sour cream (optional)
How to Make Cheesy Salsa Chicken Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 cake dish with cooking spray. (I used a disposable aluminum pan, but I doubled them—nested two and baked them on a baking sheet for stability. This way, I don’t have to worry about retrieving a dirty cake dish to bring home.