Cathys Chicken Tetrazzini
- chicken thighs or breasts (or a combo of both)
- 1 pkg
- mushrooms, fresh
- 1 lb
- spaghetti, or angel hair pasta
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- flour (i used arrowroot)
- 1/4 c
- dry sherry
- 3 c
- chicken broth, unsalted
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, fat-free
- 1 large
- 3 clove
- 2 large
- celery stalks
How to Make Cathys Chicken Tetrazzini
- 1In a small sauce pan poach your chicken, add water and put on the stove bring to a boil and then let it simmer for about 30 mins. (I got busy so mine was on for about an hour) Cool in broth. Skim the foam off the top.
- 2In another pot add water for your spaghetti. While waiting for water to come to a boil break spaghetti into 1 inch pieces. Cook pasta according to package and drain when pasta is cooked add some butter. (I put the spaghetti into the baking dish Im going to use . This way I can sautee the veggies in the same pot I just cooked the spaghetti in and saves on clean up) You can salt your pasta water...
- 3Add some olive oil to your pot and add onions sautee til golden add celery and then add mushrooms. Stir well. When the mushrooms are cooked thru (about 5 mins) add the garlic stir it in and sautee for a few mins.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons of flour to your veggies stir it in until it all dissolves then add the sherry and chicken broth (use the broth that you poached the chicken in)bring to a boil until broth thickens.
- 5When the broth thickens up add your pasta to the sauce and mix well. Put back into your baking dish top with some grated cheese and bake @ 350 until top gets lightly browned.