Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken
- 1This recipe is not exact amounts. Based on four pieces of chicken.
- 2Preheat oven to 400". Bake 20 minutes or until the chicken is brown and crisp. Turn over for maybe 10 minutes or until brown and crisp. Total cooking time is about 40-50 minutes depending on total chicken pieces.
- 3Take the chicken (use thighs for extra moist, but breasts are fine and leaving the bones in is fine). Take the skin off.
Take the chicken and dip thoroughly in buttermilk. Can be left longer to absorb but literally I dipped for about 10 minutes.
Take the panko and mix with the montreal seasoning to taste (it does get spicy but its delicious). For a little more refreshing flavor add lemon zest to brighten it up. If you want to go "more italian" add grated parmesan.
Mix the dry ingredients until evenly seasoned.
- 4Take the buttermilk soaked chicken and dip in the panko mix thoroughly. Place on a silver cookie tray sprayed with cooking spray.
Note, if you have extra panko mixture, add with the buttermilk, mold into a patty and bake with chicken. Its like a little extra muffin. YUM.
- 5I served this with a broccoli and cheese couches and corn, heirloom tomato, peach and onion salad and coleslaw with sour cream, mayo and cilantro. It offered some fairly serious summer flavors all on one plate.