☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbspcanola oil
13 1/2 ozcoconut milk (from a can)
6 oztomato paste
1 tspcurry powder
1/2 tspchili powder
1/4 tspground ginger powder
2 lbchicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
·kosher salt, to taste
·black pepper, to taste
·fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
How to Make Butter Chicken
- Saute the onion in the oil until translucent over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and tomato paste to skillet; stir to combine. Add curry powder, chili powder, and ginger; stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low.
- At this point it might seem thick but the chicken will release water during cooking, so no additional liquid is needed. Add chicken, stir to coat, cover, and simmer for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- At the end of the 3 hours, remove lid, stir, and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with cilantro if desired.