Buffalo Wing Garlic-Toasted Hoagies
(Photo by me)
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We are suckers for the combo of blue cheese and buffalo wings. Add garlic and muenster, and we're hooked! A wonderful game-day treat. The Test Kitchen
- hoagie rolls split half lengthwise through the middle
- 3/4 c
- butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- (20 ounce) bag (7 serving size) Southwestern-seasoned chicken breast strips (Tyson fully-cooked), or use rotisserie or grilled
- 1 bottle
- (1/2 cup) Frank's red hot sauce, original or buffalo wing flavor
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 8 slice
- muenster cheese, can sub mozzarella or provolone
- 2 c
- shredded lettuce
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped celery
- 12 slice
- roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 Tbsp
- thick and chunky blue cheese dressing, more if desired
How to Make Buffalo Wing Garlic-Toasted Hoagies
- 1In frying pan combine chicken, hot sauce, 4 tbsp butter, bbq sauce and chili powder. Heat til simmering. Simmer on very low.
- 2In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 sticks soft butter, garlic, and parsley. Spread insides of hoagie rolls with butter mixture (both cut sides).
- 3Place open-faced on cookie sheet and broil til lightly toasted. Or 4 minutes at 400º.
- 4Top each bottom half of hoagie rolls with meat mixture, (pile high), then top each with 2 slices muenster cheese. Return to oven and bake 2 more minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and top each with lettuce tossed with celery, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Top each with 3 tomato slices.
- 6Top each with 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing. Place on top halves of toasted hoagie rolls.
- 7Cut in half on the bias. Makes 4 hoagies.