Buffalo Wing Garlic-Toasted Hoagies
(Photo by me)
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We are suckers for the combo of blue cheese and buffalo wings. Add garlic and muenster, and we're hooked! A wonderful game-day treat. The Test Kitchen
4hoagie rolls split half lengthwise through the middle
3/4 cbutter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
2 Tbspminced garlic
2 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
1(20 ounce) bag (7 serving size) Southwestern-seasoned chicken breast strips (Tyson fully-cooked), or use rotisserie or grilled
1 bottle(1/2 cup) Frank's red hot sauce, original or buffalo wing flavor
1 TbspSweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce
1/2 tspchili powder
8 slicemuenster cheese, can sub mozzarella or provolone
2 cshredded lettuce
·salt and pepper
2 Tbspfinely chopped celery
12 sliceroma tomatoes, thinly sliced
8 Tbspthick and chunky blue cheese dressing, more if desired
How to Make Buffalo Wing Garlic-Toasted Hoagies
- In frying pan combine chicken, hot sauce, 4 tbsp butter, bbq sauce and chili powder. Heat til simmering. Simmer on very low.
- In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 sticks soft butter, garlic, and parsley. Spread insides of hoagie rolls with butter mixture (both cut sides).
- Place open-faced on cookie sheet and broil til lightly toasted. Or 4 minutes at 400º.
- Top each bottom half of hoagie rolls with meat mixture, (pile high), then top each with 2 slices muenster cheese. Return to oven and bake 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each with lettuce tossed with celery, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Top each with 3 tomato slices.
- Top each with 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing. Place on top halves of toasted hoagie rolls.
- Cut in half on the bias. Makes 4 hoagies.