Brown Sugar-Brined Chicken
Daily Inspiration S
Brine time is 1-3 hours.
- 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c
- firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 large
- fresh thyme sprigs
- 4-inch fresh rosemary sprigs
- garlic cloves, crushed
- skinned and boned chicken breasts (6-8 oz. each)
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Brown Sugar-Brined Chicken
- 1Stir together first 7 ingredients and 2 quarts of water in a large stockpot. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until salt and sugar dissolve. Remove from heat and cool one hour. Place chicken breasts in brine; cover and chill 1-3 hours.
- 2Preheat grill to 350 degree - 400 degrees (medium high) heat. Drain chicken, discarding brine. Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels, and sprinkle with desired amount of black pepper.
- 3Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 5 - 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
**This brine will season up to 12 chicken breasts**