★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Bulk pkgchicken legs
·adobo to taste
1 1/2onions, minced
3 clovegarlic, sliced thin
1 1/2 stalk(s)celery, minced
1/2 cred wine, dry, full bodied
1/4 cfresh parsley, minced
1 can(s)crushed tomatoes (use tuttorosso for best quality)
How to Make Braised Italian Chicken Legs
- Rub chicken legs with adobo. Get a skillet ready by heating on medium with olive oil. Pan fry chicken until just browned.
- Transfer pieces to a larger stockpot.
- Brown veggies in original pan with chicken essence and transfer to stockpot.
- Pour tomatoes in original saute' pan with red wine and parsley. Add "Just-A-Pinch" of baking soda to reduce acidity. Let simmer covered until boiling on medium heat.
- After about 5 minutes, transfer mixture to stockpot and simmer covered for 1 hour. Remove lid and simmer additional 30 mins to thicken sauce. Cool and serve.