Braised Chicken and Artichokes
Disclaimer: I have not made this recipe, yet. I am posting it as a response in answer to others' requests for some new, different and interesting Weight Watchers recipes.
Weight Watchers POINTS value = 7. You can add 2 cups of thawed English peas along with the artichokes and onions in step 2, and increase the POINTS value by 1 POINT per serving.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- baby red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 3/4 c
- dry white wine
- 3 clove
- garlic, thinly sliced or pressed
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried tarragon
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/8 tsp
- ground allspice (optional)
- 2 large
- bone-in chicken breasts, skinned
- 9 oz
- box of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 c
- frozen pearl onions, thawed
- lemon, cut into wedges
How to Make Braised Chicken and Artichokes
- 1Combine cleaned potatoes, wine, garlic, 1 teaspoon tarragon, salt, pepper and allspice (optional) in 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Cover and cook until chicken and potatoes are fork-tender, 3 - 4 hours on high, or 6 - 8 hours on low.
- 2About 30 minutes before cooking time is complete, stir artichokes and onions into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high another 30 minutes, or until artichokes and onions are tender.
- 3Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon tarragon. Transfer chicken to cutting board; cut each breast in half across the width of the breast, not lengthwise. Transfer chicken to a platter; pour vegetables and sauce over chicken. Serve with lemon wedges.