- 3 Tbsp
- real butter.
- 4 slice
- maple bacon.
- 1 large
- chicken, broiler-fryer (3 pound or more.) cut up
- 3/4 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 c
- sliced mushrooms, your choice
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped parsley and chopped chives each
- 1 tsp
- crushed tarragon
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, pepper, and thyme dryed..
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth, low salt
- 3/4 c
- sherry.. the type you drink.
- 1/4 c
How to Make Bob's Herb-Chicken with Mushrooms and Bacon.
- 1In a large non-stick skillet cook bacon till almost crisp.. Remove with slotted spoon. Add butter when butter is melted. Salt and pepper chicken add to skillet and brown on all sides.
- 2While chicken is browning. Put mushrooms in a large bowl and pour cider vinegar and water over them. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. pre-heat oven to 325.
- 3When chicken is browned on all sides. Transfer to a deep baking dish. Sprinkle seasoning over the chicken. Top with mushrooms and bacon. Pour broth and wine over all..
Bake at 325 for one hour. Serve with twice baked potatoes..