1 Tbspolive oil
4skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cchicken broth
2 tspminced thyme, fresh
1/3 cblackberry fruit spread, no sugar added
1 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
1 Tbspcornstarch, or as desired (optional)
How to Make Blackberry Balsamic Chicken
- Season chicken with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- While the chicken breasts are cooking, whisk together the chicken broth, thyme blackberry spread and balsamic vinegar.
- Once the chicken breasts have browned on both sides, pour in the blackberry sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken breasts are no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken breasts over halfway through cooking.
- erve with the reduced blackberry sauce. For a thicker sauce, mix cornstarch with about 2 teaspoons of water and stir into simmering sauce; let cook until thickened, about 1 minute.