/ Main Dishes
Black Bean and Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Crock Pot
skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
tablespoons olive oil for sautéing
stalks celery, sliced
can diced fire roasted tomatoes with garlic, un-drained
can ro-tel tomatoes w/chilis and lime
2 - 15
cans black beans(seasoned or unseasoned), drained and rinsed
cup chicken broth (from carton)
flour or chicken gravy powder
cooked long grain rice (optional)
saltine crackers - (optional)
shredded cheddar, or mexican cheese(optional)
How to Make Black Bean and Chicken Chili
11. Cover bottom of skillet or Dutch oven with olive oil. Sauté chicken in batches stirring until brown on all sides.
22. Remove chicken from pan leaving accumulated juices. Repeat until all chicken is browned
33. Sauté onion, celery, carrots in accumulated juices until crisp tender-add chicken back in with vegetables .
44. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika , tomatoes and Rotel
55. Mix flour or gravy powder into chicken broth. Stir chicken broth mixture into skillet. cook until bubbling. Salt to taste.
66. Place chicken and vegetable mixture in crock pot and add black beans-Stir gently.
77. Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 Hours.
Printable Recipe Card
About Black Bean and Chicken Chili
Posted: Tue, Nov 15, 2011