Betty's "Italian Parmesan" Chicken Schnitzel
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 1/2 pound (750g) chicken breasts
·2 tablespoons milk
·1 cup flour - can use gluten free flour
·1 1/2 cups packaged breadcrumbs - can use gluten free breadcrumbs
·1 tablespoon italian herbs
·1 cup dried parmesan cheese
·1 teaspoon garlic powder
·1 cup vegetable oil, for cooking
How to Make Betty's "Italian Parmesan" Chicken Schnitzel
- Place a chicken fillet on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife, place your hand on top of the chicken and cut the chicken lengthwise and horizontally. You should have two flat, almost even chicken fillets. Repeat with the other two.
- Place the flour in one medium sized bowl. The eggs and milk in another (and use a fork to whisk well) and the breadcrumbs, Italian herbs, garlic powder and parmesan cheese in another.
- Dip each of the 6 halves into the flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Place in a plate or tray while you heat the skillet/pan with oil.
- Heat the oil in a skillet/pan and cook the schnitzels for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Don't over crowd the pan. I cook mine in 2 lots.
- Once cooked, place on a plate with paper towel to drain off any excess oil. Serve.