I wasn't too sure about the recipe, but still wanted to try it. I'm so glad I did. It was such a surprise how delicious it was!
The link for the original video is:
(Note: The prep & cooking time is approximate; the serving size is for 4 large servings - two pieces of chicken each)
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless; halved at an angle, lightly pounded
1/4 tspground thyme
2 1/2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
2 Tbspshallots, finely chopped
3/4 cpomegranate juice (+1 tbsp cold)
1/4 cfresh blueberries, lightly crushed
1 tspchipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
1 cbeef broth
1 cassorted fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries, blackberries), roughly chopped
How to Make Berried Chicken
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and ground thyme.
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a heavy skillet to medium and cook chicken, 3-5 minutes on each side (chicken doesn’t need to be cooked through at this point).
- Add remaining oil & shallot to pan; cook just about 20-30 seconds.
- Add pomegranate juice to deglaze pan & add blueberries and chipotle.
- Reduce by half.
- Combine cornstarch with about 1 tbsp cold pomegranate juice, mix & add just about 1 tablespoon of heated pan juices; whisk into pan.
- Bring to boil while stirring; add berries & chicken; cook chicken through.