Beer Can Chicken
This Chicken is moist, tender and full of flavor. I have even used the spices on pork chops baked in the oven. Give it a try, your family will love it.
Notes: Recipe shows 1 1/2 hrs cook time, but I like to grill for about 2 hrs. This is indirect medium heat on a gas grill until juices run clear.
1 tspdry mustard
1 Tbsponion powder
1 tspkosher salt (i leave out)
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspground corriander
1/2 tspground cumin
1/2 tspblack pepper
2 tspvegetable oil
1 - 16 ozcan of beer
How to Make Beer Can Chicken
- Mix together in small bowl the first 8 ingredients (I usually double the amount of spices); set aside.
- Open beer can and pour off half (or pour half in glass and enjoy).
- Clean inside and outside of chicken and pat dry with paper towels. I usually put the cleaned chicken on a sheet pan.
- Brush or rub vegetable oil on outside of chicken. Season inside and outside of chciken with spice mixture.
- Set can of beer on flat surface and slide chicken over the top so the can fits inside the cavity. Balance the bird on its 2 legs and the can on the grill. Grill over indirect medium heat until juices run clear. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before removing the can. The can will be full of hot chicken juices so be careful.