Beer Butt Chicken
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1- 12 oz. can(s)
- 1-4 lb
- whole roasting chicken
How to Make Beer Butt Chicken
- 1Preheat your grill to high, then turn down to low.
- 2In a small sauce pan melt the butter, mix in the garlic salt, paprika, salt pepper.
- 3Add 1/2 of the beer to the cooking can you're using and add 1/2 the butter/spice mixture to it you just made in the sauce pan. Keep the other 6 oz. of beer. (either give it to someone or use it for hair rinse, but don't throw it away...that's a waste!). Place the can in a disposable dish or some sort of dish you might toss out. It's up to you. I cleaned mine out and will use it another time.
- 4Set the chicken on the can and push it down so the can isn't visible anymore.
Baste the chicken with the rest of the melted seasoned butter. I basted every 30 minutes. This worked perfectly.
- 5After about 2 1/2 hours test the temperature of the chicken inside. If it's at 180'F then it probably ready. If not continue on to the 3 hour mark.
- 6Once done, bring the chicken inside and let it sit for about 15 minutes to cool down, then remove it from the can and serve.