Basic Chicken Lollipops
How to Make Basic Chicken Lollipops
- Remove and discard wingtip(or save for stock. Cut wing into 2 pieces. Starting with the drumstick like piece cut around the the tip(where the joint was) with a sharp knife to separate the meat from the bone and then scrape and push the meat to the tip with the knife and then finally you should be able to just pull/push the meat to the end to form a lollipop shape. Do the same with the flat piece but you will need to remove the smaller bone also. ( I believe there are youtube videos available showing how to do this if it seems confusing.
- Now that you have made all the pieces into lollipops; sprinkle them with the salt and pepper and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs and combine with the flour to make a batter.
- Dip chicken lollipops(just the meat part) into the batter and then into the bread crumbs and gently drop into your heated oil to fry for about 12-15 minutes until done( they should be at least 165/juices should run clear).
- Enjoy just as they are or with your favorite dipping sauce.