Rev BJ Friley
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless (4 ounces each)
1/4 creduced-sodium ketchup
3 Tbspcider vinegar
1 Tbspready-made white horseradish
2 tspdark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/8 tspthyme, dried
1/4 tspblack pepper
How to Make Barbecued Chicken
- Preheat broiler, heat a charcoal grill until coals form white ash, or preheat a gas grill to medium.
- To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, horseradish, brown sugar, garlic, and thyme.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pepper.
- Brush tops of chicken pieces lightly with sauce.
- Place chicken, sauce-side down, on a foil-lined broiler pan or grill rack.
- Brush other sides lightly with sauce.
- Broil or grill 3 inches from heat, basting with remaining sauce and turning until no longer pink in center, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Let chicken stand for 5 minutes before serving.