Rev BJ Friley
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 c
- reduced-sodium ketchup
- 3 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- ready-made white horseradish
- 2 tsp
- dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Barbecued Chicken
- 1Preheat broiler, heat a charcoal grill until coals form white ash, or preheat a gas grill to medium.
- 2To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, horseradish, brown sugar, garlic, and thyme.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- 5Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in pepper.
- 8Brush tops of chicken pieces lightly with sauce.
- 9Place chicken, sauce-side down, on a foil-lined broiler pan or grill rack.
- 10Brush other sides lightly with sauce.
- 11Broil or grill 3 inches from heat, basting with remaining sauce and turning until no longer pink in center, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- 12Let chicken stand for 5 minutes before serving.