Baked Chicken In Butter & Cream
Rose Mary Mogan1
- pieces chicken parts of your choice
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- rosemary leaves, optional
- 1/2 stick
- 1 1/2 c
- warm/hot milk evaporated or regular
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup (optional)
How to Make Baked Chicken In Butter & Cream
- 1PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 DEGREES F. Spray a 9X13 X2 inch size pan with non stick cooking spray & set aside till needed.Mix flour and spices together in a reclosable zip lock bag. Dip chicken in water to moisten so flour will stick to chicken.
Place one to two pieces of chicken in bag at a time. Shake well to coat with flour.
- 2Place chicken parts in prepared pan with skin side facing up. Dot each piece with 1 or 2 pats of butter. Bake UNCOVERED in preheated 425 degree F. oven for 30 minutes, or until pieces are golden brown & crisp.
- 3Remove pan from oven, Heat milk in microwave till hot & pour milk carefully around the base of chicken parts. COVER with aluminum foil & seal pan tightly. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 additional minutes or until juices run clear.
- 4Note you can add 1 can of cream of chicken soup undiluted when you add the hot milk to give you more gravy. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles with biscuits or hot dinner rolls.
- 5Please note: Original recipe called for non fat powdered milk, but I find it easier to use evaporated or regular milk. Also sometimes I like to add the addition of sliced bell peppers, onions, & sliced mushrooms with the chicken during the last 45 minutes of cooking time.