Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan Crust
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme leaves, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3/4 c
- parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c
- panko bread crumbs, or dried coarse baquette breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
How to Make Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan Crust
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Mix mustard, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt and the cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken breasts, turn to coat completely, set aside.
- 3In medium shallow bowl, combine parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Dredge the chicken pieces in panko mixture, pressing coating into the meat.
- 4Put chicken on a rack over a baking sheet. Spray chicken with a quick burst of cooking spray; and place in middle of the oven. Bake until chicken is golden brown, and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Let rest 5 minutes before cutting and serving.