Baked Chicken and Rice
- pieces of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 c
- uncooked rice
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- 1 1/2
- sweet onion
- 4 Tbsp
- garlic olive oil, or 3 tbsp minced garlic
- coarsely chopped parsley for garnish
How to Make Baked Chicken and Rice
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Chop the onion into small chunks and put into frying pan with heated garlic olive oil. (if using regular EVOO and minced garlic, heat oil and put in onions first till translucent, and then add garlic.)
- 2Pour boiling broth into frying pan to fuse the flavors and create an onion soup
- 3Put 2 cups uncooked long grain rice in a 9x13 baking pan.
- 4Rinse chicken thighs, and pat dry. season lightly with salt and pepper. Brown in a frying pan and put on top of rice.
- 5Pour onion soup over chicken and rice mixture.
- 6Cover with foil, and bake
- 7Serve with a veggie or salad, and garnish with chopped parsley.