Bahamian Style Simmered Chicken
Most Bahamian’s also marinate the chicken pieces in lime juice the day prior to preparing for a fuller flavor.
Chicken is very popular in the Bahamas and is eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds chicken cut up (if preferred you may use all breast etc)
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2-3 limes) or old sour if zest is desired
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
How to Make Bahamian Style Simmered Chicken
- 1In a large skillet heat oil and add chicken and onion.
- 2Squeeze the juice from 2-3 limes over chicken or substitute Old Sour if a spicier flavor is preferred.
- 3Add thyme.
- 4Simmer chicken 30-40 minutes until fork tender and no longer red.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.