★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspbutter, cold
4 mediumchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1/2 tspdried oregano
1 mediumonion -- sliced
1 mediumunpeeled green apple (like a pippin or some other cooking apple, cut into wedges)
·salt and pepper
How to Make Autumn Apple Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, over a medium heat add 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Cook chicken, turning once, until brown. Place chicken in a baking pan, sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Place
onion on top of the chicken; top with apple wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey and water; and pour over apples. Dot with remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Cover and bake 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Per serving: 251 Calories (kcal); 14g Total Fat; (50% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 2g Dietary Fiber; 12g Carbohydrate; 57mg Cholesterol; 368mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
- LC SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Roasted Rutabagas and steamed kale. (To make rutabagas, toss peeled and quartered rutabagas with olive oil and some salt and pepper. Roast in a 400 degree oven till
tender (about 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of the rutabagas).
If you don't like rutabaga, I found sweet potatoes work just as good roasted in the oven.