Apricot - Balsamic Chicken
- 1 tsp
- vegetble oil.....i used grapseed oil
- 1/2 c
- red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- salt ,divided
- 1 lb
- chicken breast,skinless & boneless
- 1/3 c
- apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
How to Make Apricot - Balsamic Chicken
- 1*I pound my chicken breasts so they're a little flatter and even all the way through...makes for faster cooking.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat until hot.Add onions and saute for approx 5 mins.
Sprinkle the thyme and 1/4 tsp salt over chicken Add to pan,saute 6 mins on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Be sure to leave all those brown bits...they are so tasty!
Reduce heat and add jam, vinegar,salt and pepper to pan to deglaze.Stir constantly until jam melts. Mixture will thicken Pour over chicken and serve.
- 3I serve this with a greek salad.So yummy! Enjoy!!