APPLE FILLED CHICKEN IN PECAN CREAM SAUCE
Photo: Joey Joan
- skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 slice
- provolone or gorgonzola cheese, halved
- granny smith apple, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- shallot, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- italian seasoned bread crumbs
- egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp
- white sugar
- 1/4 c
- white wine - or - apple juice
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped pecans
How to Make APPLE FILLED CHICKEN IN PECAN CREAM SAUCE
- 1Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a large pocket in each chicken breast. Place 1/2 slice cheese inside each chicken piece, follwed by half of the apple slices, and a small amount of shallot. Top with the remaining 1/2 slice of cheese.
- 2Pull the chicken back together, sprinkle with a small amount of milk and coat with breadcrumbs. Place the stuffed breasts on a lightly oiled baking pan.
- 3Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- 4While the chicken bakes, you can make the sauce. In a double boiler over lightly simmering water, combine the egg yolks and sugar. Beat until the yolk lightens and froth forms. Slowly add the wine (or apple juice), stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans and vanilla.
- 5The sauce can be served under the chicken with a small amount drizzed over it.