"Any Meat" Sweet & Sour Meal
- 1/4 c
- cooking oil
- onion (optional) chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- green pepper (optional) 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pkg
- 12-16 of either frozen, 1 1/2 inch meatballs, breaded shrimp, or breaded chicken nuggets
- 1 lg. can(s)
- chunk pineapple, drained (optional)
- 1 (16 oz.) jar(s)
- jar of mild salsa
- 1 (18 oz.) jar(s)
- apricot jamor jelly (dieting .. use sugar free)
- 5-6 c
- prepared minute rice (for fastest results)
How to Make "Any Meat" Sweet & Sour Meal
- 1Saute onion and green pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Saute your chosen meat until lightly browned ... about 5 minutes. Add vegetables, salsa and apricot jam. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add pineapple and simmer for additional 5 minutes. Cook minute rice in the microwave while the sweet & sour sauce is simmering. Serve sauce over rice.
- 2If you are in a hurry, leave out as many optional ingredients as you wish and the recipe is still very tasty. But it is even better with them! I've actually mixed various jams ... even strawberry ... with the apricot, and it still is great! So you have room to experiment.
- 3No problem if you want it "saucier". Just add more salsa and jam in equal portions!