All American Fried Chicken
Source: Chef Franklin Becker
*Boneless chicken breast coated in pecans & lightly fried.
*Makes 4 servings
*Amount Per Serving:
*Total Carbs 2.4 g
*Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
*Sugars 0.9 g
*Total Fat 20.5 g
*Saturated Fat 2.2 g
*Unsaturated Fat 18.3 g
*Potassium 472.7 mg
*Protein 36.2 g
*Sodium 155.9 mg
*3 1/4 Fat,
*4 1/4 Very Lean Meat
Note: One or more ingredients from this recipe are not included in the nutritional analysis above.
- 1 ingredients: 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts , butterflied and lightly pounded (4-4 oz. pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans , divided, 1/4 cup finely ground and 1/4 cup coarsely ground (i used walnuts)
- 1 eggs , beaten
- 4 egg whites , beaten
- 2 pinch black pepper , freshly ground, to taste
- 2 pinch salt , to taste (optional)
- 2 tbsp safflower oil (oil for frying)- (i used canola oil)
How to Make All American Fried Chicken
- 1Season the chicken with salt (optional) and freshly ground black pepper.
Combine the eggs and egg whites in a bowl.
Dip the chicken into the finely chopped nuts and coat.
Next, dip the chicken into the beaten egg mixture, and then into the coarsely ground nuts, coating evenly.
Fry the chicken on medium heat until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes per side.
When removing the chicken, handle with care, and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
Season with salt (optional) and pepper to taste, and serve.
Filberts or blanched almonds can be substituted for the pecans. (I used walnuts).