Adobong Manok sa Gata (Coconut Milk Chicken Adobo)
Found at website: filipinorecipesite.com/...adobo.html
Not your usual adobo, the coconut milk in this chicken dish makes it more flavorful, helps to thicken the sauce and gives it a rich velvety texture.
This is delicious, I hope that you will enjoy the tender chicken pieces simmered in a tangy sauce made from soy sauce, vinegar & coconut milk
·1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
·1/3 cup white vinegar
·2 to 3 tbsp. soy sauce
·2 tbsp. crushed garlic
·salt to taste
·1/4 tsp. pepper (or 1 tsp. peppercorn)
·3/4 cup coconut milk
·1 tbsp. oil
How to Make Adobong Manok sa Gata (Coconut Milk Chicken Adobo)
- In a deep skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt (to taste) and pepper (or peppercorn).
Stir to blend and then add into the brown chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow simmering uncovered for about 10 minutes.
If the sauce is reduced add about 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and continue simmering until chicken is tender. Pour coconut milk and add the chili pepper.
- Cook for another few more minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat. Transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve hot.