Abuela's Chicken Mole
- chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp
- chicken base
- heaping tablespoons ground mole
- heaping tablespoons flour
- 5 Tbsp
- canola oil
- heaping tablespoon creamy peanut butter
How to Make Abuela's Chicken Mole
- 1In a large stock pot add water, chicken base, salt, pepper and chicken breast. Bring to a boil and cook for about an hour until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and reserve broth for mole. Let the chicken cool for a bit then remove skins and bones. Shred chicken into chunks and set aside.
- 2In a small bowl mix together your mole and flour. Now in a dutch oven heat your oil on high. Once oil is hot whisk in your mole mixture. It will turn into a thick paste. Quickly start adding your chicken broth little bits at a time. Letting it rethicken after each addition. Repeat this process until you have a nice thick mole gravy. Turn off flame and whisk in a heaping tablespoon of creamy peanut butter to smooth out the bitterness of the mole (little secret ingredient). Taste and add salt if needed. Add your shredded chicken to your mole and done.
- 3Serve with tortilla's, refried beans, Sopa (spanish rice) or Fideo. Now here's another little tip for ya. Mexican's use tortilla's as silverware just as Chinese use chopsticks to eat with. I never put forks on the table when eating Chicken Mole. That's up to you, but you will find that ripping off a piece of tortilla and using it to scoop up your dinner makes it all just taste perfect. One last tip. Don't heat your tortilla's in the microwave. Cook them over an open flame. Just turn burner to low and plop the tortilla right on the burner. As soon as it starts to blacken flip and cook other side. Place cooked tortilla's in a folded kitchen towel to keep warm while you finish cooking the rest. Enjoy